Monday, October 20, 2008

The Most Grumpy Pumpkin in the patch

OK, a couple weeks back I awoke to crisp fall air and felt like seeing some pumpkins.  Mack had not had such a good night sleep, but ain't no baby goin' to slow me down....so despite my deep seated feeling this was not going to be such a good thing, Maverick and I headed out about 1/2 hour away to the pumpkin patch.  I don't know what I was thinking...

Oh wait, I do know...I was thinking he would nap all the way out there and that he would awake miraculously happy and ready to play and we would have great fall fun.  That was the plan at least....

Needless to say, he did not nap at all on the way out there. To him, crying seemed a much better option.  The whole way...so when we got there, he reluctantly went with me to see what I had in store. 

This gem was taken right when we got there....just before he took a nose dise off the hay bale and got a small scuff on his forehead....at least he bounced

After the fall...(yes, I took a picture...after I made sure he was ok)

Then I perched him up on some taller pumpkins...

He would not look at me no matter how much of a fool I made of myself trying to get him to give me the slightest little twinge of a grin...soon he dropped down and crawled away.

and tasted his first bite of dirt...and this is how he felt about that...

So I gave him a sip of water and took him for a bit of  a walk and then we ended up at the BIG MAX pumpkin section...I thought we might try again....so I propped him up yet again...and soon after this photo...down he went....I did not get pics that time....that time, he was DONE with  me and my silly idea of going to get some fun fall pictures

However, one last attempt on our way out....and here is how he felt about that...

Oh...I did get one smile....after he was loaded in his car seat to go....and he slept the whole way home.  In fact he was still sleeping at our exit so we decided to continue on to Uncle Dean's house and help him watch UT whip up on Oklahoma...

Here you are helping him with his remote.  As soon as you learn how, I am having you program our TIVO...

We did go back the next weekend for another attempt at pumpkin pics...more on that soon.


No comments: