Monday, November 3, 2008

The Texas Heat and Other Halloween Musings

Ok....so the crazy Texas weather can sometimes force you to alter your original plans.  As I mentioned before we had decided you would be a lobster and I your chef for Halloween.  Of course, at the time , it was a bit chilly outside and the costume was a great baby warmer.  However, by the time actual Halloween rolled around and you were heading out for your first trick or treat with your cousins, the thermometer was reading a stuffy 80 degrees.  Needless to say, dressing you in a fully padded , and footed lobster suit would not win me any mommy of the year awards.  So we went with Plan B.  Plan B was "what if it is hot?" and it was...so at the suggestion of our wonderful friend Gayle, you donned a tiny blue speedo and 8 gold medals and went as Michael Phelps....

It was a very cool costume...literally.  And so simple.   The rest of the Halloween weekend was spent in fun first Halloween outfits.  Here is Ashton modelling your pumpkin skull cap at Bailey's volleyball game...

And the "I love My Mummy onsie that you wore most of the day"....

Ashton stole the ears from your monkey costume alternative...and gave them a good run...

Soon it was time for bed and of course, since I have no restraint, you also had new Halloween pajamas....I thought you were adorable...

No candy for you this year..I don't think I will get that lucky next year...but it was sooo fun to spend our first Halloween together with your cousins.  I am so excited for next year too!

No comments: