Sunday, September 27, 2009

A weekend in the life...

It is 9:35pm...both of you boys have been asleep for a while now and this is a summary of what we did with our weekend...Starting on Saturday you first continued your swimming and continue to amaze all that get the pleasure of watching you. The instructor can't wait to get her hands on Radley next spring...

And here is your latest video showing your HUGE progress in bubble blowing and kicking! I am so proud of you!

Next we were off to what has the potential to be a regular Saturday morning activity...the fabulous Kids Remo Drum Circle. You've got to love a place where they state that the rules are:

1. Dont Sit Still

2. Dont Be Quiet

3. Dont Not-Touch

This rule set is right up your alley

You rarely sit still...

You definitely touch everything...

And you are getting really good at not being quiet!

Radley usually sleeps through the whole thing, but this morning he was alert and checking everything out.

Then little Rad-monster even got in on the action...

Once you had sufficiently banged on as many drums and cymbals and shakers you could find...we headed home where you took a great almost 3 hour nap. It was glorious...

Once you two boys woke up from your long slumber, we went so Radley could meet his first friend Baby Jack! Baby pile up on the sofa...Unfortunately Maverick, you had to be restrained in your stroller as you just could not resist investigating absolutely everything in our friends house and as Jack is their first, they are not baby-proofed yet. My last resort was to lock you down...sorry about that one...But Jack was awesome and it was great to finally get together with babies Radley's age...

Later that evening you practiced your bubbles in the bath...

And became sufficiently dramatic when you accidentally breathed in instead of out when practicing your bubbles.

But Radley found you very amusing as he supervised your aquatic performance


Then it was time for your evening edition of death defying stunt performances for your brother. The most amusing thing to me is you finish each stunt throwing your arms us declaring "Ta-daaa!!!" and then "Bravo!!!" Cutest. Thing. Ever...

Then on Sunday you spent a large amount of time feeding pygmy goats...

and baby pot bellied pigs...

and more baby goats and chickens...

And then concluding with an excrutiatingly long amount of time opening and closing the pen door until I finally had to pull you away as you were almost more fascinated by the door than the precious little animals. Needless to say, that was quite a performance you gave as we left the area. Quite stunning...little man...but you were soon distracted...

You rode a train...twice

and your first pony...also twice...you LOVED this...


You dug a hole...

Had lunch...(note the sleepy eyes...I thought my plan was working)

And then you, my love. My precious little angel...love of my life...were supposed to nap on the ride home. However, you, my baby, chose to talk and laugh and talk and sing and talk some more almost the entire way home. And I say almost, because you fell asleep a little less than 30 min out from the house which was just enough to keep you from going back to sleep when we got home and not enough to keep your head from spinning around as you try to make it through the rest of your day completely exhausted. And my fate was sealed...

For the rest of this evening your mommy knew that every time she said "no", which I seem to do quite a lot lately, that you, my sweet faced baby, my angel boy, my heart, would throw yourself down on the ground and flail around in an extremely tragic manner while screaming how your life is so unfair and that I am a terrible mommy. You did not use those words exactly, but that is what your general tone suggested...more than once...

I must admit that tonight when it was bedtime, there was a sense of relief...probably for both of us. You were out cold in minutes and I look forward to my Mr Personality Plus' return tomorrow.

I love you baby,
Mommy

No comments: