Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Snips & Snails

So, while I am putting the finishing touches on Radley's 10 month letter, I thought I would share with you the start to our day today and another milestone we have reached around here. It was a beautiful morning. The boys were waking for the day. I flung open our back doors to let in some fresh air. Mack went out to investigate the back patio.

Pay no mind to the party goin' on in his hair, or the fact that he has mismatched pajamas due to peeing through his diaper even though he was changed twice during the night. Oh yeah, please ignore the paci that he stole from his brother's room. We are all doing the best we can around here...

Anyway, I was in the kitchen whipping up some cinnamon toast for breakfast after reading a new and pretty darn ingenious way to make it that I had never heard before. And from the patio I hear Mack excitedly calling "Mama?!?! Mama?!? Mama?!?!" As I reached the back patio, he proudly reached up his sweet little hand and mumbled through the contraband paci "I gob ik"....translation: "I got it!"

At first glance I though he had just gotten his hand a bit dirty from who knows what. Yet as I went to give him a swipe of my towel...I realized his dirty smear was actually moving...

And had two little antennae. And was scooching around on his hand...

My boy brought me his first found treasure...a poor homeless snail from the garden....

I celebrated thoroughly as he thought this was the coolest thing ever. And told him when he was done to please put the snail back in the garden so he could go home. He trotted off with his signature "OK Mama!" I saw him sit outside and study the snail for a good 5 min or so, then get up and go put him gently on a leaf...

And galloped on in for breakfast saying "bye bye snay!" ...I love this kid

No comments: