Saturday, March 19, 2011

Magic...

So today was one of those days of a whole lotta nothin'. A regular ol' Saturday around here. A trip to the Farmer's Market for produce that spoils us for anything else anywhere else. A quick stop at the "snoobie" shop. Cleaning the back yard before a big rain tonight. Finishing the planting of our garden - except for a few more of these I am still waiting for because I am addicted to them and how awesome and easy they are.

Just a regular day. Loving my babies. Playing, cooking, cleaning. Watched half a Christmas movie (Polar Express) because they love it and I have a chance of getting a load of dishes done while they are under it's spell. Watched half of a Halloween Pooh Special at Maverick's request - as he pondered out loud "Santa comes down the chimney with lots of toys for me" and "Is it trick or treat time? I like candy".

I did share with him that though both of those special times were still quite far away, that it was almost time for the Easter Bunny to come who brings candy and toys too in a basket...and well, sign him up. He was all about that! I am pretty sure I will seal the deal when I take him to his 2nd theater experience in a few weeks to see HOP.

But I digress...

Magic. It happened today. Today after dinner in the last hour before bedtime as we wrestled and climbed on mama. I had called for a quick time out. Those boys can be rough. As I was getting myself back together and trying to get my spine back in position, Mack ran to me and threw himself at me with his whole body wrapping his precious arms around my neck and squeezed so tight...."I love you so much, mommy". And he held on. And I did too. And I misted a bit...

Not that he has not told me he loved me before. It is just always a reply to me telling him first...which I do no less than 50 times a day.

It was his moment. He felt it and went with it. And I felt it too...love.
DSC_0457.jpg

And as moments with toddler boys do, the moment passed and he was all too ready for another round of Travinski wrestle-mania...

Move on to time for Radley to go to sleep. After sweet hugs and kisses all around we snuggled up in his room where every evening I sing him to sleep with a handful of night-night songs...many of which I made up in the wee hours of their newborn nights. Then silence and snuggles until he is drowsy enough to get on into his crib.

Tonight after a few minutes of the silence in the dark, he repositioned himself, planted a huge kiss on my lips and started singing the most precious rendition of "Twinkle Twinkle" as he put his hand on my cheek as I do him. He was trying to sing mommy to sleep...the little love. It was the cutest, you-would-only-know-what-he-was-singing-if-you-were-his-mommy moment ever. I did not even know he knew the words to Twinkle Twinkle....it is not part of our night time repertoire. It was the most precious thing and for the second time in less than an hour reduced this momma to a misty love-filled sappy mess.
DSC_0439.jpg

As I tell them both nearly every day. I am the luckiest mommy ever...

No comments: