Friday, March 11, 2011

So cited!!! random random random

So, here I sit in an amazing hotel suite with 2 sleeping babies waiting to wake them from their slumber to go to the airport to pick up our favorite people to spend a few days taking in the sun and adventure of Palm Springs. We had wonderfully light traffic and the boys were extra well behaved and we watched the sun set from the pool until they were hungry enough for dinner to finally get out.

And as we lauch on what is certain to be a wonderful adventure photo-filled weekend, I am hopelessly remiss in keeping up to date the last couple of weeks.

They were the good kind of weeks. The weeks with not much to do and yet, somehow those times are the most important. We ventured out on a passel of adventures that we had not experienced in quite a while

NoHo Saturday drum circle...the best kind of activity...free and their motto is "Don't not touch. Don't not be loud." Love that! and ...they loved.
DSC_0008.jpgDSC_0001.jpg
DSC_0022.jpgDSC_0020.jpg

And for nearly an hour they touched and banged and explored to their hearts content. And for the first time I was not chasing one of them around the warehouse trying to keep them "in play".
DSC_0049-2.jpgDSC_0044.jpgDSC_0130.jpgDSC_0136.jpgDSC_0088.jpg

The bright child play space where I almost had to take out a 7 year old that was bully-ing Maverick (and other kids with not a parent in sight). Now I am all for my boys learning to fight their own battles and Maverick is pretty good at holding his own and I work really hard at not being that mom, but this kid was a little too physical for my taste so he got a bit of a talking to.
DSC_0149.jpgDSC_0172.jpg
DSC_0152.jpg
I know that people say this cruelty is a part of life, but it kills me and really, does it have to be? What is wrong with teaching your kids kindness and inclusion. At times like this I think living on a desert island or holing up in our new ranch 50 miles from anywhere and protecting these little souls.
DSC_0184.jpgDSC_0175.jpg
But soon the little wretch was forgotten and we got on with the business at hand...play time!
DSC_0196.jpgDSC_0199.jpg.
DSC_0203.jpg
DSC_0260.jpgDSC_0259.jpgDSC_0253.jpg

This just because I thought he was so darn cute that day...
DSC_0273.jpgDSC_0301.jpg
and wretsle-mania that has started to be a semi-regular occurence around here as I try to figure out the best way t o lay down rules on this and still let them be "boys".

A glorious day and picnic at the park...where I brought a bagload of sand toys for the boys...
DSC_0350.jpg
and they want to play with this nasty thing...
DSC_0341.jpgDSC_0330.jpg
DSC_0365.jpgDSC_0368.jpg

After I could stand it no more, the spoon got "lost" and they were back on task...
DSC_0351.jpg
DSC_0383.jpgDSC_0381.jpg
DSC_0354.jpgDSC_0353.jpg

And with that...it is time to go get our peeps at the airport. More another day...

No comments: