Friday, April 25, 2008

Wacky, Tacky, Sad.....yet True...


Ok...so I am now realizing that my brain has been completely rewired by the little person who owns all the blue clothes and the multiple brands pacifiers (of which he takes NONE!!!) around here.  I realize this because I have purchased yet another ridiculously priced baby toy to yet further clutter my living room.  


This thing does not exactly go with the couch.  In fact, it does not go with anything...nor do any of the other items currently creating the obstacle course that is my living room.  My beautiful house I meticulously decorated to the nth degree looks like Babies R Us exploded in it...and none of it matches my decor....heck...they dont even match each other.  The latest purchase looks a big like a flying saucer.  It plays music, lights up and has lots of toys and places to hang other toys.  In short, it is so tacky that a year ago I never would have allowed it in my house, nor would I have allowed any of the other tacky baby stuff.  But here it sits, with all of the other tacky toys, in my living room.
And Mack does love it.  He jumps and plays and watches TV...sometimes he gets going so hard he startles himself...which cracks me up every time.   It is reminiscent of a Riverdance-ish Irish Jig...very cute...video to follow once I figure out how to get the video onto here...its pretty funny...

By the way I wouldn't trade any of this experience for anything...tacky toys and all...

No comments: