Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Brothers

These are my boys.

Boys. Little Men. Dudes. I remember telling the nurses up front and early that I wanted to know the gender of my babies. I remember the moment they said "boy". Twice! My first reaction was to laugh. My next thought was "What am I going to do with a boy? I don't know how to have a boy! Again? Boy?! How absolutely perfect!...brothers!". And what I have learned from two years of parenting boys, it is that you learn what you need as you go. Although if what the parents of other boys tell me is true, I am going to be seeing a LOT more of the inside of urgent care waiting rooms and possibly the ER in our lifetime. And I know we will have some challenging times ahead. But ultimately you two will have each other...

I'm excited for both of you for this.....brothers. There can be a very powerful bond of growing up in the same household if it is full of love, respect, trust and strong foundations. I want that for Maverick and Radley. To know they have a solid place to belong and people who love them always not just in words, but in action. To be loved and protected always.


So now you two are here. We are a family. Maverick has brother. Radley has a brother. Today I am so incredibly thankful for that, and I know I will be thankful for you both for the rest of my life...

"The Lord has done this and it is marvelous in our eyes."

- Psalm 118:23

No comments: