2. Real tree or Artificial? Prefer real, but last few years artificial with spray scent which is not as good as the real thing, but for now, it works. There will be real in the not too distant future.
3. When do you put up the tree? If we are home, then weekend after Thanksgiving. If we are away, we like to get it up before we leave town so that we come home decorated and ready to leap into Christmas festivities.
4. When do you take the tree down? When we get back from New Years.
5. Do you like eggnog? No way. But could hurt myself on spiced wine...Glog.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Slot car set or the pony. Yep, I got a pony when I was a kid.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My brother in law
8. Easiest person to buy for? Maverick and Radley
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. Fisher Price for now, until I can trust Baby Jesus wont get mutilated from a more traditional set by the two destroyers that live here.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I have not done cards in years...I just cant seem to get it together.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Meat...yep, meat...and I was a kid and it came with a hamburger maker. Not sure what all that was about ...whatever.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Live Action: Miracle on 34th Street
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? December 26 for the following year...I love to shop all year long.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes. And there will be no more info than that in order to protect the guilty.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Yeasty rolls, Sees candy and fun holiday cocktails.
16. Lights on the tree (colored or clear)? Have come off a clear phase for the last decade, and now with small children it will be color all the way starting next year. More fun and festive in color...more elegant in white. But color baby, color...
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Little Town of Bethlehem - any version but a special fondness for Amy Grant 1983 Emmanuel combo one.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yes.
20. Angel, star or ribbon on top of tree? Angel holding light up candles. Can't imagine anything but a beautiful angel.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning and make it take a looooong time to savor the wonder and joy. At least 2 refueling/bathroom breaks required.
22. Favorite children's Christmas song? Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer but Jingle Bells is making a strong showing this year as both my boys wander the world singing it frequently and it is about the cutest thing ever.
23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Traffic and everything everywhere takes twice as long as it does any other time of the year. And Grinchy folks can take a hike. I have no use for people that don't "get it"...I love me some Christmas Magic!
24. Favorite ornament theme or color? Ones with meaning...that tell a story or have a history.
25. Turkey or ham on Christmas day? Turkey for years and years and years, but as of last year we are all about Herb Crusted Beef Tenderloin with all the fixings...it was so good, we unanimously have decided to ditch the traditional turkey for the foreseeable future.
26. What do you want for Christmas this year? To be adopted by Paula Deen...LOL....but really for my boys to be happy and know they are loved. As far as "things"...a new toaster, some stuff for the ranch and maybe a spa certificate or two...
27. Does anyone in your family dress up as Santa? No.
28. Age you discovered who Santa was? Excuse me? What? Santa is Santa! You have to believe if you want to receive! Santa still fills my stocking every year. I have no idea what you are talking about.
29. Eggnog, hot chocolate, or apple cider? Trader Joes Spiced Cider
30. Traditional colors (red and green) or other colors? Red & Gold
31. Do you have any Christmas decorations on your roof? No lights this year. I won't get away with that next year and there may very well be something on our roof next year. Let's see what is on sale after Christmas.
32. How does Santa get into your house? Chimney or magic key? Chimney
33. Do you prefer gifts or gift cards? Depends on who's buyin'! But as a general rule, probably gift cards.
34. Favorite children's Christmas Cartoon?
Old School: Little Drummer Boy New School: Disney's Prep & Landing