Tuesday, August 4, 2009

So Many Messes...

...so little time. I am finding that one of the interesting things about parenting this newly formed toddler is the ways that he can find new ways to make a mess. He is very good at searching out in whatever environment we are in the one thing that would cause the most damage or personal bodily harm and investigating, climbing, flipping, and dissecting it, thoroughly. Yesterday, while I had a quick phone call with the insurance company to sort out the mess that is Radley and my hospital stay, I came back to find this...

This moment of unsupervised time allowed Mack the opportunity to play his favorite game...Take Things Out. He thinks that anything inside of anything in this house...should come out...and so he does...over and over. This is merely one example... I have hundreds. No toy, closet, drawer, basket, tabletop or cabinet is safe. Unfortunately he is not as enthralled with the game I get to play called Put It All Back.

Here he is demonstrating how I wipe up the floor after his bath time splashes get a bit out of control...with my foot...

Unfortunately for me, he is getting very good at this game and can keep up a pretty brisk pace. Meanwhile, happy 18 month birthday to you little guy! I am putting the finishing touches up on your 18 month update and will have it ready for you soon.

No comments: