Saturday, April 2, 2011

Come Rain or Come Shine

So the last week or so has had us go from one extreme to the other. Wintery downpours to blazing summer swelter. And we have done our best to make the most of what came our way.

On a day like this...
DSC_0010-2.jpgDSC_0005-2.jpgDSC_0002-2.jpg

we hung with friends at the local kids playzone which is a madhouse on the weekends, much less rainy weekends. But we did have some fun.
DSC_0001.jpgDSC_0018.jpg

Mack learned to pee standing up out of the car and declared it fun and cool. and I got really really wet and cold and pee'd on. It was a rough 10 minutes...

And Mack thought that it sounded like a good idea to get ice cream on a day like this and as I could see no reason to not indulge in the deluge and pretty much agree with him that any time is a good time for ice cream...we headed out for frozen yogurt and laughed and laughed as the torrential rains doused us on our way in and rudely sucked up our umbrella on our rainy adventure.
DSC_0035.jpgDSC_0036.jpgDSC_0048.jpgDSC_0044.jpg
DSC_0042.jpgDSC_0054.jpg

And then a few days later it was so blasted hot...as in August sweltering oh-my-goodness-hot! And so we busted out the pool and hollered to the universe..."Let summer begin!!!!!"
DSC_0157.jpgDSC_0158.jpg

And oh my goodness, what fun they had. Morning swim, afternoon swim...slipping and sliding and having a ball. I can hardly wait for our summer evening pool "bath" ritual to begin. And can I just say again, that every house I ever have for the rest of my life will have an exterior hot water spigot. Best. thing. ever.
DSC_0173.jpg
DSC_0174.jpgDSC_0186.jpg

I have a feeling we are going to be spending a lot of time wet this summer...my little fishies...
DSC_0211.jpgDSC_0189.jpgDSC_0196.jpgDSC_0217.jpg

But perhaps the one moment that made me laugh most of all was turning around and seeing this...
DSC_0246.jpg
Catching some rays and chillin' in the warm sunshine...He figured out pretty darn quick that he liked that a lot...and spent a good part of our afternoon swim just hangin'...
DSC_0275.jpgDSC_0257.jpg

It's going to be a great summer...

No comments: