Sunday, February 15, 2009

Our Valentine Adventure '09

Well you started off your Valentines weekend with a BANG! Somehow at just over one year old, you managed to get yourself a little Valentine's action from one of your sweet friends in baby class. I think you won her over with your rockin in-the-mood ensemble for the weekend. She was certainly sweet on you this day and you did not seem to mind the tiniest little bit. I was just happy you kept your mouth closed, which is more than you do for me...

We had a little Holiday surprise for our baby class friends...

And sweet treats for all...

You were dressed in your holiday finery...and fully rested from a very good nap.

On Saturday we set off for the Aquarium which you LOVED...you were all up in the windows of the tanks...and stayed for a very long time studying the fish. You really liked it when you figured out you would not fall through the glass...you were a bit hesitant at first. But once you figured that out...there was no stopping you.

Watching the seals...

Our visit with the Lorikeets...they were very agressive...and the little buggers bit me! You never actually got your hands on one, but you did get pretty close.

Then more fishy time...

Next you caught a nap as we crossed over to Disneyland. Unfortunately, your mama did not do her homework and we got shut out of the park on the only blackout day all winter on our annual pass. No problem, I thought. We will just pay for the day...so we trekked over and the line to just buy a ticket was an ungodly 1-1.5 hours at 1pm on a Saturday...just to buy the ticket! Being as you are not old enough to know what you were missing, and probably didn't really care either way, and I know we will have many Disney days in our future....I decided to pass on that not-s0-thought-out idea and go explore Downtown Disney and the nearby hotels. You loved these waterfall gardens the best...

oh yes...and the fish...who were begging for you to share your puffs with them...

Then on Sunday morning we had a blockbuster day at the zoo. The weather was spectacular. It seemed that all of the animals were out and moving around. Every time you would spot one, you would study it...look at me...and then giggle. It was so cute. There were some crazy loud monkeys scraming for a good 30 min or so....you LOVED that too - they cracked you up...I think you were a bit confused by the giraffes as they were significantly bigger than the one you have in your room. But you studied them for quite some time...when you were not eating puffs, that is.

We were fortunate to come upon a chimp and you could get a good look. Heck, you two were only about 2-3 feet from each other...only separated by the glass. The two of you studied each other for nearly 15 minutes before he turned and went off to do whatever chimps do all day.

It was a fabulous weeked filled with many hugs, kisses and giggles from you and for you. Your momma will do just about anything to get those baby belly laughs out of you. You do make me work hard for it. But oh...it is so rewarding! I hope you had as much fun as I did. I love you, baby boy!!!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

What a great Valentine's weekend! I wish we had a nice aquarium here. I our zoo is pretty decent, but we don't have apes or chimps...my favorites. I love the pics of Mack and the chimp checking each other out. Too hilarious.