Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Preschool Update! He rocked it!

Ok...the preschool update... We did it! He rocked it! Not an ounce of hesitation as he jumped big into the world puddle today. He was so ready.

Here he is all ready to go...
DSC_0013.jpgDSC_0012.jpg

And showing off his lunchbox that he carried around for an hour before it was time to go. He refused to take off his backpack or set down the lunchbox.
DSC_0009.jpgDSC_0003.jpg

And with a mandatory mommy and me photo on that momentous first day of school....
DSC_0032.jpg
Gosh, I love this little punk.

We were off where we stumbled awkwardly through what will soon me our new morning ritual. Met teachers. Used the new potty. Found his cubby. Survived the playground morning whirlwind full of children laughing, playing and all that toddler energy. A few more photos of our happy milestone...

DSC_0040.jpgDSC_0038.jpgDSC_0041.jpg

Soon it was time for me to be off. I felt the sting. I pushed it back. Put a smile on my face. Kissed my baby goodbye. And you know, I made it to the car. And I was all right.

DSC_0042.jpg

I was distracted for much of the morning wondering what he was doing now? Was he ok? Did he have any accidents? Were the other kids nice? Does he need me? Rinse and repeat about 100 bajillion times. And before I knew it, it was time to go back. I walked in and called his name and he smiled and said "Mama, I'm doing a puzzle!" with the biggest smile on his face.

As we walked to our car he held my hand in the beautiful California sunshine and said. "Can I go to the next school now?" Obviously our 7 preschools in 2 days tour stuck with him. So, I will take that as a good sign. The true test will be tomorrow morning when we go back again. But I am not worried. He is so going to rock the preschool thing. And I am not gonna do too bad myself.
DSC_0043.jpg

No comments: