Friday, October 22, 2010

Trick or Treat Trip

Favorite things this week: Celebrating life. Celebrating our little family. Laughing bunches. Trick or Treating in the Rain. Hot Dogs. Pumpkins. Mickey. Brotherly Love.

DSC_0040.jpg

We filled a 2 night trip to Disneyland with as much fun as we could stand verging on exhaustion after the first day, but we kept on going. I loved every exhausting second. Ok, so not so much when Maverick decided to run full on away from me out of a line into a crowd , but mostly every other exhausting second.

DSC_0094.jpg

The first night it rained and rained and rained..so the camera was tucked away trying to keep it dry. I did manage a few clips of my swashbucklers while we grabbed a some sort of dinner before the sugar infusion started from trick or treating. It was really really wet. Radley began protesting when his shoes got too wet. I finally convinced Maverick if we could go back to the room, he could have as much candy as he wanted and could stay up for fireworks. He agreed and we did. It was different fun than I was expecting, but we made the sweetest lemonade from our rainy day lemons.

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

And Mr Mack figuring out that if he said "Trick or Treat!" someone would put candy in his bag?!?!? He was all over that one and with great enthusiasm. Once he got going, he said "trick or treat" to anyone we encountered. As promised, I dumped him all his candy and let him have his pick..which was only 2 pieces...but he was amazed.

DSC_0067.jpg

The second day, I forgot the camera in the room...Have I mentioned how much I love my iphone? There is always a way. Rides and play, more rides and more play.

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

Radley and I had some bonding time while Mack napped...

IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

Eventually, I managed to get the camera WITH us in the park, however I failed to take very many after all...

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

It was fun. Every time we entered the hotel or made our way through the breezeway into Downtown Disney Maverick declared it "So Be-you-ful, Mama!" And it was.

No comments: